Tampa Car Accident Lawyer
Car Accident Lawyers in Tampa, FL
Local auto accident attorneys with over 50 years of combined experience.
The team at KFB Law always puts your interests first when protecting your rights. We’re a compassionate bunch who are actively involved in the community and dedicated to doing our part to make it a better one. Rest assured, Marcus or Rob will work hard to move your case forward to a resolution.
Tampa Car Accident Attorney Reviews
Any car accident attorney can tell you they care, but we don’t need to say it because our clients say it for us. Learn how our attorneys have helped real Tampa car accident victims.
Maria Christine | Review from Facebook
Nearly 2. 5 years ago I was rear ended by a commercial truck causing injuries that would effect me a life time. With the help of Mr. Manny Fernandez and his staff they made this process easier than I could’ve imagined. They were by my side the entire time and kept me up to date with the latest development. He himself would call to check on me periodically, especially after both back surgeries. The KF&B group always had my best interest at heart. Once again many thanks to Manny Fernandez and staff at the KF&B group.
Charles Ed | Review from Facebook
I had two car accidents from within 2017 and 2018. The first one is where I got hit by a tow truck. He got in my lane and hit me. Then the second accident was where a drunk driver hit me in the rear end. I cannot work anymore because of this. I have tried to work and make money to live on. I called the law office and they took my case right away. I just want to say that I am so happy with the results. I am now able to have some peace of mind. They helped with the medical portion as well as I am still in the recovery process. Thank you so much for helping me with my two car accidents. The very best I would say and so much more
Danielle Johns Campbell | Review from Google Maps
Marcus Fernandez was amazing. I have been in two car accidents that were not my fault. He handled both accidents with respect, and strength. Mr. Fernandez did an outstanding job with ensuring that I was aware of every move, every response from the other insurance carrier, what our next steps were going to be, including doing the full mediation to settle out of court for me!! I appreciate all his help!! I highly recommend Kinney, Fernandez, and Boire!!!! This law firm is a great group of individuals who care about their clients and are determined to get results!!!!
Common Tampa Car Accidents We Can Help You With
No one ever plans on getting into a car accident, but they’re unfortunately common. Whether the auto accident is major or minor, it’s always an extremely upsetting event that can have a serious impact on your life. Aside from harm to yourself and loved ones, car accidents can mean losing time from work and expensive vehicle repairs.
If you’re ever in an auto accident, your first action should be to obtain any necessary medical care. After that, you should consult with a Tampa car accident attorney who can advise you about damages you may be entitled to.
There are many types of car accidents that the Tampa car accident lawyers at Kinney, Fernandez and Boire can help you with. We specialize in:
- Rear End Collisions
- Parking Lot Accidents
- Head On Collisions
- DUI Accidents
- Hit and Run Accidents
- Uber Car Accidents
We’ll Put You at Ease at Our Very First Meeting
Firstly, it’s comforting to know we only get paid if you win. In other words, we only get a percentage of what we win for you.
At our first attorney-client meeting you’ll:
- Meet either Marcus Fernandez or Rob Roy, our experienced Tampa auto accident attorneys, who will handle your auto accident case from start to finish.
- Get a full breakdown of what to expect and how our firm is going to help you.
Questions Our Tampa Car Accident Lawyers Can Answer
If you’ve been injured in a car wreck, there’s no doubt you have a long list of questions. From insurance to lost wages, the Tampa car accident lawyers at KFB Law will help you answer all of the following questions and more.
What should I do after a car accident in Tampa, FL?
Your life is moving along as usual and then without warning, a car accident turns your life upside down. Now you have this big thing to worry about and you don’t know what to do next.
Well, there are a few things you should do right away. The very first one is to find an experienced Tampa car accident attorney right away. And here’s a helpful list of other things to do to protect your health and ensure you have a strong auto accident case.
- Call 911. You want the police there right away to make sure everyone is safe and an ambulance can get there quickly if need be. Be helpful to the police and give them a detailed explanation of what happened during the car accident.
- Get medical help. Don’t risk it. Even if you do not think you were seriously hurt, see a doctor anyway. It’s common after a car accient for victims to have internal injuries that may take time to develop.
- Gather information at the scene. Use your phone for good use. Record eyewitness accounts and take photos or video of the Tampa car accident scene and any injuries to you or a loved one. Jot down contact info, names and the insurance company of the other driver. Make sure to capture damage to your vehicle and any markings on the road such as skid marks.
- Don’t admit anything. Until we know all the facts, even if you think you were at fault for the accident, talk to your lawyer first. The car accident may have been unavoidable, but admitting it was your fault can potentially damage your chances of getting compensation.
- Call your insurance company. They will assign you an adjuster to handle your claim.
Do I need a Tampa car accident attorney?
If the accident wasn’t your fault, you aren’t required to hire a car accident lawyer. But if you’ve been injured, a Tampa attorney can help you receive the compensation you deserve. That compensation can be used to cover medical expenses, lost wages, and more.
Who is going to help me get better?
If you need help finding medical care, our auto accident attorneys can point you in the right direction by helping you find a medical provider that’s right for the injuries you suffered.
Who is going to pay for my medical expenses?
Because there are several different ways to help with your medical care cost, we’ll first look to your auto insurance policy and use your PIP (personal injury protection benefits).
It’s important to get medical care within 14 days of a car accident. If you don’t, you could risk losing up to $7,500 in medical benefits.
If you have health insurance, we could use that to help pay for your care.
We also look to the person who caused your car accident because many factors come into play when determining who and when your medical care costs will be paid.
Rest assured, your Tampa auto accident attorney will fully advise you on this matter as we know how important it is.
Who will fix my car?
We know how important your transportation is. Getting to and from work is how you support yourself and your family. We’ll help resolve the damage done to your car at no cost.
How much is hiring an auto accident attorney going to cost?
There’s no need to worry about being able to afford legal help. Your initial consultation with KFB Law is always free. Plus, we only charge a contingency fee – meaning we’ll only collect a percentage of what we win for you. If we don’t win, you won’t pay.
What happens if I miss work?
You could receive compensation for lost wages if you’re unable to work after your accident.
First, we’ll work with your insurance to try to make up the lost income. If you don’t have insurance, we can still file a legal claim to recover what you’ve missed out on. The process of recovering lost wages is complicated, so it’s important you contact a lawyer and get a claim filed as quickly as possible.
What should I look for when hiring a car accident lawyer in Tampa?
You need to find a Tampa car accident lawyer with a history of success and who you feel you can trust. Your lawyer should be willing to explain the legal claims process to you and answer any questions you may have. At KFB Law, we offer a free consultation so you can learn what we can do for you and feel confident in your decision to trust us.
Safe Driving Tips
You can control your own driving, but you can’t control the unsafe, dangerous driving of others on the road. These tips will help you stay safer.
- Run a quick safety check. Are your headlights, brake lights, and wiper blades working? Are the oil levels and tire pressure where they should be? Have a professional give your car the once over if you plan on driving a long distance.
- Plan your route. Don’t rush. Give yourself plenty of time for your commute in case there are auto accidents or traffic delays. Perhaps try a less used street. This may avoid traffic and varying your route keeps you alert at all times. Also, a GPS system is helpful if you need to take an alternate route at the last minute.
- Don’t speed. And when weather conditions or heavy traffic slow your route, be sure you do the same and drive at slower speeds.
- Drive defensively. Aggressive driving is never a good idea. Ever. But they’re out there so be alert and drive defensively.
- Get a good night’s rest. Getting at least eight hours of shuteye will ensure you stay focused on the road.
- Take breaks. If you’re driving long distances, take a quick 10-minute break every two to three hours you’re on the road.
- Be prepared for emergencies. Have a roadside kit and a way to contact emergency personnel.
- Don’t drink and drive. Think of yourself and your loved ones. Be sure to have a designated driver if you plan to drink.
- Don’t text. It can wait. Avoid your cell phone, and use a Bluetooth device if you must speak to someone on it.
Experience Makes the Difference
If you or a family member has been injured because someone was careless with their car, seek the advice of an experienced Tampa car accident lawyer as early as possible.
Negligence issues related to personal injury law, insurance coverage, and auto accident injury claims are often complicated. Our attorneys have the experience to provide legal representation that puts your interests first, protects your rights, and seeks to resolve the problems that come with being involved in a car accident.
Get the Information You Need to Hire an Auto Accident Attorney in Tampa
At the end of the day, the information you need after an auto accident can’t be found on a website. Nor can it be located at the other end of a 1-800 number. We believe it should come from a face-to-face meeting or phone interview.
Free Case Evaluation
We would be glad to meet you in person at our Tampa, St. Petersburg, New Port Richey, Wesley Chapel, Plant City or Riverview offices or at any location that is convenient for you.