Tampa Car Accident Lawyer
Tampa Car Accident Lawyer
What to do after a car accident.
Your life is moving along as usual and then without warning, a car accident turns your life upside down. Now you have this big thing to worry about and you don’t know what to do next. Well, there are a few things you should do right away. The very first one is to find an experienced Tampa car accident attorney right away. And here’s a helpful list of other things to do to protect your health and ensure you have a strong auto accident case.
- Call 911. You want the police there right away to make sure everyone is safe and an ambulance can get there quickly if need be. Be helpful to the police and give them a detailed explanation of what happened during the car accident.
- Get medical help. Don’t risk it. Even if you do not think you were seriously hurt, see a doctor anyway. It’s common after a car accient for victims to have internal injuries that may take time to develop.
- Gather information at the scene. Use your phone for good use. Record eyewitness accounts and take photos or video of the Tampa car accident scene and any injuries to you or a loved one. Jot down contact info, names and the insurance company of the other driver. Make sure to capture damage to your vehicle and any markings on the road such as skid marks.
- Don’t admit anything. Until we know all the facts, even if you think you were at fault for the accident, talk to your lawyer first. The car accident may have been unavoidable, but admitting it was your fault can potentially damage your chances of getting compensation.
- Call your insurance company. They will assign you an adjuster to handle your claim.
Our Tampa car accident lawyer can help answer the many questions swirling around you:
- Do I need a Tampa car accident attorney?
- What should I look for in hiring a car accident lawyer in Tampa?
- How much is hiring an auto accident attorney going to cost?
- Who is going to help me get better?
- Who will fix my car?
- What happens if I miss work?
- Who is going to pay for my medical expenses?
We’ll put you at ease at our very first meeting.
Firstly, it’s comforting to know we only get paid if you win. In other words, we only get a percentage of what we win for you. At our first attorney-client meeting you’ll:
- Meet either Marcus Fernandez or Rob Roy, our experienced Tampa auto accident attorneys, who will handle your auto accident case from start to finish.
- Get a full breakdown of what to expect and how our firm is going to help you.
About our Tampa car accident attorneys
Marcus Fernandez and Rob Roy, and our other attorneys have over 50 years of combined experience and put your interests first to protect your rights. We are a compassionate bunch who are actively involved in the community and dedicated to doing our part to make it a better one. Rest assured, Marcus or Rob will work hard to move your case forward to a resolution.
Safe Driving Tips
You can control your own driving but you can’t control the unsafe, dangerous driving of others on the road. These tips will help you stay safer.
- Run a quick safety check. Are your headlights, brake lights, and wiper blades working? Are the oil levels and tire pressure where they should be? Have a professional give your car the once over if you plan on driving a long distance.
- Plan your route. Don’t rush. Give yourself plenty of time for your commute in case there are auto accidents or traffic delays. Perhaps try a less used street. This may avoid traffic and varying your route keeps you alert at all times. Also, a GPS system is helpful if you need to take an alternate route at the last minute.
- Don’t speed. And when weather conditions or heavy traffic slow your route, be sure you do the same and drive at slower speeds.
- Drive defensively. Aggressive driving is never a good idea. Ever. But they’re out there so be alert and drive defensively.
- Get a good night’s rest. Getting at least eight hours of shuteye will ensure you stay focused on the road.
- Take breaks. If you’re driving long distances, take a quick 10-minute break every two to three hours you’re on the road.
- Be prepared for emergencies. Have a roadside kit and a way to contact emergency personnel.
- Don’t drink and drive. Think of yourself and your loved ones. Be sure to have a designated driver if you plan to drink.
- Don’t text. It can wait. Avoid your cell phone, and use a Bluetooth device if you must speak to someone on it.
Get the right information you need to hire your auto accident attorney in Tampa
This information can’t be found on a website. Nor can it be located at the other end of a 1-800 number. We believe it should come from a face-to-face meeting or phone interview Here are some important things we will do to investigate the case:
- If you need help finding medical care, our auto accident attorneys can point you in the right direction by helping you find a medical provider that’s right for the injuries you suffered.
- We know how important your transportation is. Getting to and from work is how you support yourself and your family. We’ll help resolve the damage done to your car at no cost.
- Because there are several different ways to help with your medical care cost, we’ll first look to your auto insurance policy and use your PIP (personal injury protection benefits). It’s important to get medical care within 14 days of a car accident. If you don’t, you could risk losing up to $7,500 in medical benefits.
- If you have health insurance, we could use that to help pay for your care.
- We look to the person who caused your car accident because many factors come into play when determining who and when your medical care costs will be paid. But rest assured your Tampa auto accident attorney will fully advise you on this matter as we know how important it is.
Common Tampa Car Accidents
No one ever plans on getting into a car accident but they are quite common. Whether the auto accident is major or minor, it’s always an extremely upsetting event that can have a serious impact on your life. Aside from harm to yourself and loved ones, car accidents can mean losing time from work and expensive car repairs. If you’re ever in an auto accident, your first action should be to obtain any necessary medical care. After that, you should consult with a Tampa car accident attorney who can advise you about damages you may be entitled to. There are several types of car accidents and Kinney, Fernandez and Boire can help with all of them. Let’s review some of the most common types of motor vehicle accidents.
- Rear End Collision
- Parking Lot Accident
- Head On Collision
- DUI Accident
- Hit and Run Accident
- Uber Car Accidents
Experience makes the difference.
If you or a family member has been injured because someone was careless with their car, seek the advice of an experienced Tampa car accident lawyer as early as possible. Negligence issues related to personal injury law, insurance coverage, and auto accident injury claims are often complicated. Our attorneys have the experience to provide legal representation that puts your interests first, protects your rights, and seeks to resolve the problems that come with being involved in a car accident.
Tampa Car Accident Attorney Testimonials
Any car accident attorney can tell you they care but we don’t need to say it because our clients say it for us. Learn how our attorneys helped Tampa car accident victims.
Free Case Evaluation
We would be glad to meet you in person at our Tampa, St. Petersburg, New Port Richey, Wesley Chapel, Plant City or Riverview offices or at any location that is convenient for you.