Tampa FL Elder Law Attorney
Tampa FL Elder Law Attorney
Our elder law attorney understands that nothing is scarier than the prospect of placing a loved one in a nursing home. This is compounded with feelings that a loved one is being mistreated and neglected in a nursing home. If you or a loved one has been the victim of nursing home abuse or neglect you should act. Contact our nursing home abuse attorney specializing in nursing home abuse and neglect for help.
Florida statutes guarantee special rights to all nursing home residents. These rights include the right to civil and religious liberties and the right of independent personal decisions. Florida elder law also requires the staff of any facility assist its residents to exercise their rights in the fullest possible way. Perhaps the most important right nursing home residents have is the right to receive adequate and appropriate health care. This care must provide protective and supportive services, including social services and mental health services. Nursing home residents and their families have many other rights that are specifically set forth in Florida statutes. These include the right to be treated courteously, fairly, and with the fullest measure of dignity possible. Elder law also provides that any nursing home resident whose rights are violated may bring a civil lawsuit against the nursing home. Our elder law attorney can file the lawsuit in your behave.
There simply is no excuse for negligent behavior by the very people we entrust to care for our disadvantaged family members. And as such, they must be held accountable. The goal or our elder law attorney is to care for the victims of nursing home abuse and elder neglect victims, and to prevent further abuse from ever happening again.
Our elder law attorney & nursing home abuse lawyers can help with:
- Failing to adequately staff nursing homes
- Failing to screen the staff that are hired
- Falsely claiming to provide superior care, while cutting costs
- Keeping budgets so tight that care is inadequate
- Abusive verbal communications
- Abusive physical handling on the elderly
- Negligent Security
The Nursing Home Reform Act
Elder Law is generally governed by the 1987 Nursing Home Reform Act. This set of laws establishes the standards of care for elder nursing homes and assisted living facilities. The Nursing Home Reform Act commands that all facilities provide:
- Individual care plans for each resident
- Nursing services
- Social services
- Pharmaceutical and medication services
- Nutritional and dietary services
- In facilities with more than 120 beds, a full-time social worker
- Rehabilitative services
The Residents’ Bill of Rights
The Nursing Home Reform Act guarantees the following rights to nursing home residents:
- The right to freedom from abuse, mistreatment, and neglect;
- The right to freedom from physical restraints;
- The right to privacy;
- The right to accommodation of medical, physical, psychological, and social needs;
- The right to participate in resident and family groups;
- The right to be treated with dignity;
- The right to exercise self-determination;
- The right to communicate freely;
- The right to participate in the review of one’s care plan, and to be fully informed in advance about any changes in care, treatment, or change of status in the facility;
- The right to voice grievances without discrimination or reprisal.
The Tampa elder law attorney at Kinney, Fernandez, And Boire, PA., cares for the elderly. Our elder law attorney and nursing home abuse lawyers will aggressively defend the rights of the injured & abused. If you or a loved one has been injured or neglected in a nursing home or hospital, you should hire an attorney. The initial meeting with your personal injury lawyer is free. We work on a contingency fee which means we only collect a percentage of what we recover for you.
An Accident Is A Big Thing To Worry About, At KFBLAW, We Can Help You Get Back To Worrying About All The Little Things In Life.
Free Case Evaluation
We would be glad to meet you in person at our Tampa, St. Petersburg, New Port Richey, Wesley Chapel, Plant City or Riverview offices or at any location that is convenient for you.