Safety first, not last. When careless drivers ignore this rule, bike riders are the ones who suffer. The Tampa bicycle accident lawyers here at KFB Law are all too familiar with the consequences of negligent driving.
If you’ve been hit while riding your bicycle, you suddenly have a lot to worry about. But that’s where we come in to help. While you focus on recovering, the KFB Law team is here to do the hard work for you.
Common Questions After a Bicycle Accident
The time after a bike accident can be confusing and painful. To help ease some of your worries, here are a few answers to some common questions people have after a bicycle accident.
- Do I need a bicycle accident lawyer? Yes. A bicycle accident lawyer can help you navigate the legal processes and insurance claims after getting injured.
- What should I look for in hiring a bicycle accident lawyer? Someone with experience and a history of success. At KFB Law, we’ve been helping clients win their cases for 30 years.
- How much is hiring a bicycle accident lawyer going to cost? Your first consultation with us is free. After that, you only pay a fee if we win your case.
- What happens if I miss work? If you miss work and lose wages as a result, you could receive damages from your case.
- Who is going to pay for my medical expenses? We’ll work with the insurance companies to ensure your bills get paid.
- What amount of damages am I entitled to? It depends on your individual case. Damages are often given to cover bills, lost wages, and emotional pain and suffering.
We understand what you’re going through and are here to help.
Hiring a Tampa Bicycle Accident Lawyer
It’s important to hire the right bike accident attorney. The right attorney should make you feel at ease and comfortable that they’ll fiercely advocate for you.
At our first attorney-client meeting you’ll meet the bicycle accident attorney who will handle your bicycle accident case from start to finish. During that meeting, you’ll get a full breakdown of what to expect and exactly what our firm will do for you.
After your consultation, your bicycle and car accident lawyer will start an investigation. That involves tracking down evidence, gathering witness and police statements, and building your case.
What about medical bills?
First, know that you’ll meet us for free. You’ll only pay a fee if we win your case. But regardless, we’ll stay with you through the entire length of your case.
If you need help finding medical care, we’ll point you in the right direction toward a suitable medical care provider.
We look to your auto insurance policy and use your PIP (personal injury protection benefits) to find a way to pay your medical bills. Your auto insurance policy or the auto insurance company of the person who caused the accident might provide you benefits.
It’s important to get medical care within 14 days of an accident. If you don’t you could risk losing up to $7,500 in medical benefits.
Rest assured, our personal injury lawyer will answer any questions you may have about medical bills. We know this is a difficult time – and that’s why we’re here to help.
How much compensation am I entitled to?
The damages you could receive depend on the specifics of your case. Let’s look at the factors that determine compensation:
- Medical bills. If your insurance isn’t enough to cover present or future medical expenses, you may receive monetary damages to cover the cost.
- Lost earnings. If you can’t work now or in the future, you could receive money to make up for lost wages.
- Property damage. It may seem like a minor detail, but if your bicycle was broken in the accident, you could receive compensation – especially if your bike was your only means of transportation.
- Emotional suffering. This is difficult to quantify, but you could receive a payout based on the emotional and mental anguish you experience as a result of the accident.
If you or a family member has been injured while bicycling because someone was careless you should seek the advice of an experienced bicycle accident attorney as early as possible.
We have the experience and desire to provide legal representation that puts your interests first, protects your rights, and seeks to help you during this difficult time. If you or a loved one has been injured in a bicycle accident due to the negligent act of another, we encourage you to reach out to the experts at KFB Law.