Manuel J. Fernandez
Manuel J. Fernandez – Tampa Bay Civil Rights Attorney
Mr. Fernandez launched his law career with smaller Tampa practices before forming his present practice in 1987, a company that consisted of only himself and two legal assistants. In the years that followed, the firm of Kinney, Fernandez & Boire, P.A. evolved into a thriving practice with a total staff of 18, and additional office locations were created in Plant City, St. Petersburg and New Port Richey.
Throughout his career, Mr. Fernandez has exclusively represented individuals in well over 20,000 cases involving personal injury, automobile accidents or other types of alleged negligence. He has also counseled clients in various capacities, including cases of slander, defamation, or civil rights violations.
Mr. Fernandez’s long-standing involvement in the Tampa community extends past his law practice. He has served on a number of advisory boards, including Tampa Catholic High School, Villa Madonna School, and is a proud supporter of Make-A-Wish® Central and Northern Florida. In addition to his law practice, Mr. Fernandez also owns Habana Art, LLC., which organizes groups of individuals to legally and affordably travel to Cuba for cultural exchange experiences. While away from the office, Mr. Fernandez enjoys collecting art, playing the piano and traveling with his wife, Agnes.
Areas of Expertise
- Personal injury
- Wrongful death
- Product liability
- Premises liability
- Insurance coverage
- Social Security Disability
- General liability claims
- Civil trial practice
- Auto accident injury
- University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida (B.S. 1977)
- South Texas College of Law, Houston, Texas (J.D. 1980)
- Recipient, David Donnelly Memorial Award in recognition of outstanding character, perseverance and legal ability.
- Florida Bar
- Hillsborough County Bar
- Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers, Eagle Member
- The Tampa Bay Trial Lawyers Association
- South Tampa Chamber of Commerce
- Great American Paper Company, Inc., Board of Directors
- Florida Produce of Hillsborough County, Board of Directors
- Habana Art, LLC., Owner
- Make-A-Wish® Central and Northern Florida